About the department
The Department of Psychology was established in 1972 as an independent department at the Kazakh State Women's Pedagogical Institute (October 28, 1972 - on the basis of order No. 150).
At different times, the leaders of the team of the Department of Psychology were scientists:
- 1973-1976 the first head of the department was the candidate of psychological sciences, associate professor E.S. Sufiyev.
- 1976-1989 Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Professor Rakhimbekov K.R.
- 1989 - 2017 Doctor of Psychology, Professor Sheryazdanova H.T.
- 2017-2019 Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Senior Lecturer Yermekbayeva L.K.
- From 2019 to 2021, PhD, senior lecturer, leader of educational programs A.Zh. Ayapbergenova.
- From 2021 to the present, candidate of psychological sciences, PhD, leader of educational programs Topanova G.T.
The department successfully carries out scientific activities in the direction of "Psychological features of the formation of personality in ontogenesis."
- 5B010300 / 6B01101 - Pedagogy and psychology,
- 5B050300 / 6B03102 – Psychology,
- 7M03102 - Master of Psychology.
The content of educational programs meets the modern requirements of psychological and pedagogical science and practice.
- According to the ranking of the best educational programs in 2022
- 1st place - Educational program "Psychology" (master's degree) National chamber of entrepreneurs "Atameken";
- 2nd place - Educational program "Pedagogy and Psychology" (bachelor's degree) of the IAAR;
- 3rd place - Educational program "Psychology" (undergraduate) National chamber of entrepreneurs "Atameken";
- Particular attention is paid to the practical activities of the staff of the department, who actively provide professional assistance and training in the framework of social psychological republican and international projects.
- "Janym_org" - the project "Psychological assistance to adolescents and their parents". 2021, 2022, 2023 (Topanova G.T., Gumyrzak A., Uakasova M.B., Abdramanova D.E.)
- "Bakytty otbasy" - the project "Social - psychological, legal assistance to large and inclusive families" 2021, 2022 (Bayzdrakhmanova A.K., Bagibayeva M.I.)
- “Family Support Center “Zhanuya” - project “Psychological work with aggressors in the family. 2021 (Bayzdrakhmanova A.K.)
- "Unisef" - a project "Providing support to children and women who are at risk" or who have experienced violence during the COVID-19 pandemic. 2021, 2022 (Baizdrakhmanova A.K.)
- "MENTOR SCHOOL-2025" - project "School service of reconciliation" 2022, 2023 (Bayzdrakhmanova A.K., Bagibayeva M.I.)
- Adam.psy.platform - project "Practical tools for the professional activities of a teacher - vocational guidance specialist" 2022, 2023 (Aubakir A.S., Bayzdrakhmanova A.K., Bagibayeva M.I.).
- Social organization "Women's Ray" together with the Institute of Gender and Social Research - the project "A set of measures to improve the activities of crisis centers, prevent domestic violence and work with aggressors", 2023 (Bayzdrakhmanova A.K.)
- In extreme situations for the country and quarantines, the teachers of the department conducted live broadcasts, online master classes, marathons, webinars for psychological support of the population, as well as online consultations on the Hot Line phones in cooperation with the republican and international professional communities. (Topanova G.T., Baizdrakhmanova A.K., Ermekbayeva L.K., Bagibayeva M.I., Bapayeva S.T.).
Scientific and practical support based on the Memorandums is carried out with many state and educational structures, including: boarding schools, clinics, colleges, schools, kindergartens, development and crisis centers, military unit of the National Guard 5571, closed institutions Department of the penitentiary system Almaty and others.
Mission and strategy
Training of professional educational psychologists and psychologists in the field of education, health, social and legal sciences, mastering modern methods of psychological research necessary for the national and international labor markets
Mississippi Valley State Academic Mobility University (USA).
L.D.T. Consulting Grupp, Tallinn, Harju maakond, Estonia (Baltic states, Estonia).
St. Petersburg State Institute of Psychology and Social Work. (Russia)
Moscow State Psychological and Pedagogical University (Russia)
The staff of the department in different years was awarded state and departmental awards, including: Badges "Honored Worker of Kazakhstan", "Excellence in Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan", "I. Altynsarin”, “For merits in the development of science in Kazakhstan”, “For valiant work”, Letters of thanks and diplomas from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Gold and silver medals named after A. Baitursynov.
Title "The best teacher of higher education" 2005, 2014, 2017. (Sheryazdanova H.T., Bapaeva M.K.)
Author's certificates for textbooks, teaching aids and electronic programs. 2021, 2022, 2023 ( Sheryazdanova Kh.T., Bapaeva M.K., Kasymova G.M., Topanova
Under the guidance of the staff of the department, large-scale events are held to strengthen the creative abilities of students.
The department took second place in the university competition of innovative projects "Startup 2021" project "Tomiris" in the development of cognitive abilities of preschoolers "365 games and colors for every day" (Abdramanova D.E).
Students are regularly trained and participate in international and Republican Olympiads.
Winner - 3rd place among 14 teams in the Republican Subject Olympiad in Pedagogy and Psychology in Aktau in May 2023. (Bagibayeva M.I.)
Diploma of the 2nd degree of the Republican competition of scientific articles "The problem of life satisfaction as a factor of psychological well-being in the context of religious faith" in April 2023. (Bapaeva M.K.)
Students and teachers of the department since 2019 and continue to the present time to participate in the social Startup "Ana men bala" with the support of the Resource Center of the Public Fund "Ana uyi-Mom's House" in Almaty. (Baizdrakhmanova A.K., Bagibaeva M.I. ., Kuantkanova F.M.)
There is a scientific circle for students "Tulganyn kognitivti psikhoemotsionaldyk sferasymen zhұmys" (Kulymbaeva A.K., Uakasova M.B., Amirbekova M.A.)
The staff of the department actively conducts volunteer activities with students
Resource Center of the Public Fund "Ana Uiy-Mom's House" in Almaty.
Program International action "16 days without violence";
Program "Happy motherhood".
Regional Resource Center for Children in Difficult Life Situations
The program "Prevention of psychological - pedagogical and social neglect among adolescents."
The program "Psychological assistance and the formation of resilience among pupils of the resource center".
School - gymnasium of the village of Almalybak, Almaty region
Program "Parent Forum"
The program "Psychological preparation for the Unified national testing.