• In which language does the KNWTTU teach?

        Kazakh, Russian and English

      • What is the pass mark for the UNT (CT) to be admitted to KNWTTU?

        On scientific programs - at least 65 points,  for pedagogical - not less than 70 points

      • Do you provide accommodations?

        Dormitories are available for full-time students

      • What kind of certificate do I need to pass in order to participate in a scholarship competition?

        To participate in the competition for an educational grant, it is necessary to submit a certificate of the June UNT, the results of which must be obtained:

        1. The minimum level of points - 50 out of 100 points (in four subjects);
        2. In a major discipline at least 7 points (at least 10 points in creative exams), and in other subjects at least 5 points.

        Results of the Kazakh language for schools with the Russian language of instruction, and results of the Russian language for schools with the Kazakh language of instruction do not affect the results of admission to higher education.

        In the competition for awarding educational grants, points are scored in four subjects of UNT (mathematics, native language (language of instruction), history of Kazakhstan and the chosen subject).

        In the case of obtaining less than 5 points in one of the UNT subjects, a person is not allowed to enroll in a fee-based study program or participate in an educational grant competition.

      • Is it possible to get a scholarship during studying process?

        Transition from the fee-charged form of education to the educational grant is allowed to the students, who have high marks in study; and it is carried out according to standard requirements of the Ministry of Education and Science of the RK at presence of vacancies on a competitive basis.

      • What is the deadline to apply for a scholarship competition?

        Applications for participation in the grant competition are accepted from July 13 to July 20.

      • How do I pay my tuition fees?

        The first payment is 30% of the total annual payment which has to be made before August 25; then at least 20% before December 1 of the current academic year, the third payment is 20% before January 20, and the last 30% before April 1 of the current academic year.

      • Is it possible to study for a semester or a year at a foreign university while being a student of KNWTTU? Is it possible to continue education abroad after KNWTTU?

        KNWTTU offers a one-semester or one-year academic mobility program to its partner universities abroad.

        Under the academic mobility program, the University cooperates with the following partner universities abroad:

        • Mississippi Valley State University (USA);
        • Hubei University (Hubei, China);
        • University Perpignan Via Domitia (France);
        • Nigde Omer Halisdemir University, Turkey;
        • Western International College of London (United Kingdom);
        • University of Silesia in Katowice, Poland;
        • Issyk-Kul State University named after Kasym Tynystanov (Kyrgyz Republic);
        • Muğla Sytky Koçman University (Turkey);
        • Sungshin University (South Korea).

        Also the University has signed a contract for a dual degree program with 4 partner universities:

        • Mississippi Valley State University (USA);
        • University of Silesia in Katowice (University of Silesia, Poland);
        • Nigde Omer Halisdemir University (Republic of Turkey);
        • Western International College of London (United Kingdom).           
        • Students who successfully complete the dual degree program receive two diplomas, namely, the KNWTTU and the partner institution.

      • Can a student take one year of academic leave?

        Students studying at KNWTTU are entitled to academic leave:

        • for medical reasons;
        • for family reasons;
        • if the reason is care for the child, it is necessary to provide a birth certificate of the child.

        The procedure for providing academic leave is carried out in full compliance with the norms of the Ministry of Education and the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan " About Education". For academic leave, the student submits an application to the head of the university and provides documents confirming the validity of the temporary interruption of study.

        Academic leave for medical reasons is given to the student on the basis of:

        1. the conclusion of the medical advisory commission at the outpatient organization with the period from 6 to 12 months due to illness;
        2. the conclusion of the Central Medical and Advisory Commission at the antituberculosis medical organization, in case of tuberculosis illness with the duration of no more than 36 months;
        3. birth or adoption of a child under the age of three years;

        In order to make a conclusion about the possibility of academic leave for medical reasons, the trainee shall submit to the medical center a detailed extract from the medical institution under whose supervision he (she) is.

      • Does the university provide PhD programs?
        1. 8D01701- Kazakh language and literature
        2. 8D01704- Kazakh language and literature in schools with non-Kazakh training
        3. 8D01702- Russian language and literature
        4. 8D01705- Russian language and literature in schools with non-Russian training
        5. 8D01703- Foreign language: two foreign languages
        6. 8D02301- Philology
        7. 8D01503- Chemistry
        8. 8D01504- Biology
        9. 8D01506 – Geography
        10. 8D05301- Chemistry
        11. 8D01505 – Mathematics
        12. 8D01501 – Physics
        13. 8D01502 – Informatics
        14. 8D05302 – Physics

      • Can a bachelor student transfer from one program to another?

        Transfer of students from one program to another, or from one form of education to another within the university or from another university, is carried out only on a fee-paying basis with full reimbursement of tuition costs.

      • What are the opportunities to get financial support?

        The student receives financial aid in the following categories:

        1. Large family
        2. Orphan

      • When does the admission of documents to KNWTTU begin and when does the work of the admission committee stop?

        Admission of students to KNWTTU is conducted by the admission committee from August 10 to August 25 of the calendar year.

      • Do I have to pass additional exams on admission?

        To be admitted to the art programs, you must pass exams in art subjects. 

        On pedagogical specialties it is obligatory to pass a special exam.

      • Is it possible to be trained externally? Is there any distance learning?

        KNWTTU has no external training.

        There is a distance learning.

      • Is it possible to transfer from the traditional form of education to distance learning?

        In KNWTTU is possible to transfer from the traditional form of education to distance learning. At present, education can be obtained remotely. Distance learning does not require a permanent presence of the student at the educational institution. As a rule, it is necessary to visit the university or college in person only several times: when passing the documents, conducting entrance examinations, final exams, and, naturally, when obtaining the diploma of education.

        The essence of distance learning - in a distant format of obtaining knowledge using advanced technologies (computer programs, the Internet, e-mail, teleconferences, etc.). Thus communication with the teacher occurs on distance. It is possible to listen to lectures, to carry out laboratory works, to ask questions, to discuss subjects of classes and even to pass examinations by means of online broadcasts, Internet conferences and e-mail.

      • What documents are required to apply for a PhD?

        Necessary documents for admission:

        1. An application to the head of the university;
        2. Copy of the ID card;
        3. The original of the higher education diploma;
        4. Justification of planned dissertation researches, agreed with supposed domestic or foreign scientific consultants;
        5. Certificate of Foreign Language Knowledge (English, French, German) (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English test);
        6. List of scientific and scientific-methodical works (if available);
        7. Six photos of 3x4 size;
        8. Medical certificate in the form 086-U;
        9. Personal sheet on personnel records and a document confirming employment (for persons with work experience).

      • Who provides scientific guidance to doctoral candidates?

        Scientific guidance is provided by consultants in the number of at least 2 people, one of whom is a scientist from a foreign university.

        Scientific advisors ensure that the doctoral thesis is completed, that the principles of academic honesty are observed, and that the thesis is submitted on time for defense.

        Scientific guidance is provided by a faculty member with a degree, with at least three years of scientific and pedagogical experience.